(TheRedWire.com) – During the 2020 presidential election, then-Democratic nominee Joe Biden did his best to stay away from the public and voters. Bunkered in his basement, it was the first time since James Buchanan’s campaign a presidential nominee ran his entire offensive almost exclusively from home. When Biden did appear from the basement, he claimed he was Moderate, even though he drew on planks espoused by Democratic socialist Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT).
At every turn, the media lobbed softball questions at the Democratic nominee while President Trump drew reporters’ ire. The media refused to ask Biden about his alleged shady business affairs with his son, Hunter Biden, and buried news harmful to his election chances.
In the first half of 2021, the media continued to protect Biden. It wasn’t until the botched Afghanistan military withdrawal that some started asking questions, and Biden refused to answer them. Since last August, the media slowly and begrudgingly began asking a few hard questions as the president’s policies and agenda failed all around him.
Biden Champions Himself While He Sits Alone on an Island
On Wednesday, January 19, President Biden held a rare press conference where he agreed to answer questions for over 2 hours. In that time, he tried to champion his failed record and stated he outperformed expectations. If there was ever a moment that spoke glaringly to the media, that was it. Reporters know what the polls say, and they have been unable to move the numbers in Biden’s favor over the last six months.
Is it possible Biden forced the media’s hands?
It appears that way. It took some time for reporters to see reality, but some are finally writing or reporting what they witness and see as obvious. The public may turn on media outlets even more over their overt partisanship if they don’t. Let’s face it. The media doesn’t have the best reputation among the public.
Consider that Biden is responsible for the following:
- Failing to unite the country.
- Labeling fellow Americans racist who won’t embrace his far-left policies.
- Botching the Afghanistan military withdrawal and purposely leaving Americans behind.
- Declaring war on energy, resulting in increased gasoline prices.
- Championing the American Rescue Act that economists in his own party say was responsible for the inflation crisis.
- Failing to recognize the supply chain crisis until it was too late.
- Refusing to get ahead of the Omicron variant.
- Forcing unconstitutional vaccine mandates on unvaccinated Americans.
- Allowing illegal immigration to run rampant on a wide-open southern border.
- Initiating the “equity” (equal outcomes instead of equal opportunities) agenda, leading to Critical Race Theory controversies in public schools.
- Unconstitutionally prioritizing minority farmers and groups ahead of white people in COVID relief payments.
The list goes on. Yet, instead of focusing on the issues of consequence to Americans, Biden spent his political capital trying to force through his semi-socialist Build Back Better plan and hijacking elections. Six months later, both repeatedly failed to pass in the Senate.
Media Turns on Biden
Since Biden declared he outperformed expectations, the media have changed their tune and started reporting facts. The reality is the public views Biden and those in his administration as incompetent.
On Sunday, NBC Meet the Press host Chuck Todd said Biden lost his identity when 72% of voters in a new NBC poll indicated they believe the country is heading in the wrong direction. Poll results also stated the nation views the president as incompetent and thinks Democrats will face a “shellacking” in November’s midterm elections.
It’s not any better on other liberal networks. MSNBC reported families are bringing in less money despite increased wages due to the massive increases in consumer and energy prices. The New York Times editorial board argued Biden’s problems are self-inflicted as he spent six months downplaying inflation before realizing he was wrong.
Everywhere Biden turns, the media questions him about his failed policies and proposals.
Why did the media take so long to say what the country already knew?
Copyright 2022, TheRedWire.com