(TheRedWire.com) – On Sunday the U.S. military shot down another unidentified object for the third day in a row. The object had been located over Lake Huron.
Rep. Jack Bergman (R-Mich.) said that he had been in contact with the Department of Defense throughout Sunday and put out a tweet confirming that another object had been shot down. In his tweet, he added that the American people deserved to have more answers regarding the situation than what is currently available. He added that the object had been hovering at around 20,000 feet and had an octagonal shape.
Rep. Dan Kildee (D-Mich.) also put out a tweet regarding the Air Force shooting the unidentified object. He added that he would continue to look for information regarding the incident. Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.) similarly confirmed that the U.S. Air Force and National Guard had brought down another object.
On Sunday, the Federal Aviation Administration briefly closed part of the airspace over Lake Michigan in order to support the operations of the Department of Defense.
In a press briefing, the commander of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), Gen. Glen VanHerck, said that the object which was brought down on Sunday had first been spotted hovering in Canada’s airspace before reaching the U.S. overnight. He noted that at first NORAD F-16 fighter jets and a tanker were trying to investigate the object, but identifying it was not successful. He specified that the small size of these objects makes them harder to spot.
The U.S. military brought down the object over Lake Huron, and the remnants might have ended up within Canadian waters. A rescue mission will try and collect the debris from the fallen object for further investigation.
Copyright 2023, TheRedWire.com